Ali's little Almanac

January 24, 2006

Welcome 2006 !

Welcome 2006 ! Wow, if this year is anything like its beginning, we're in for some massive craziness, I tell yah.
3 weeks of holidays felt GOOD, intensely good. Spent Xmas in Toronto with Aunte Joce and Uncle Peter, Granny Couver, Cuz Greg, Rob and Chris and his wife Sarah and baby Abbey. It was Abbey's first Xmas, so that was very exciting :-) .
On the 27th, off to Paris to go and spend 2 weeks with mum and dad, who basically spoilt me till I got rotten for the next 25 years. I don't know if this is a known fact, and I'm sorry for all you guys out there that weren't aware of it, but I happen to have the best parents in the world :-)
Time was basically spent sleeping, watching the season 3 of 24 compulsively with mum and Baileys (having an addictive personnality runs in the family), visiting friends in Paris and Lyon, ranking internship positions ... and ending up planning a flash trip to San Diego for a position I'm extremely interested in ... someone said insane ? I know and agree :-)
So basically : Paris - Amsterdam - Toronto (overnight) - Phoenix - San Diego (overnight) - Las Vegas - Toronto (overnight) - Montreal and school the next morning. It was a little blurry, ewwwey and I became a little claustrophobic in the meantime but ... it was a blast and I would do it again :-) California is beautiful !! I didn't have much of a chance to check out the city itself because I spent most of my time at the clinic, but I hope I'll be back somewhere around there in June ... oh well, we'll see !! Very exciting !
So now back to reality (oops there goes gravity) and everything is slowly fading into a colorful blur ... here are a few pictures :-) I'm having a great time in general practice at school, seeing tons of fun stuff (and puppiiiies !!) and looking forward to anesthesia and emergency for the next 2 weeks .
Love from out here, where the temperature is going nuts, from + 10 to -20 in a day ... but where we can eat lots of "poutine" and "pudding chomeur" to feel warm and fuzzy inside :-)
Cheerios !
aLi - Babs

Sacré Coeur (Montmartre)

Notre Dame

Pilou and Caro !!

La Croix Rousse, Lyon

1 Comments:

  • Two things; it was great having you home and it's easy to be great parents when you've got a great kid. Secondly, bravo....and you know why!
    This is a hardly anonymous message.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home